BizWiz B.E.S.T. Workshop Consumer Review and What Spas, Massage Clinics and Wellness Center Professionals and Businesses can Learn from Them
It has been some time now since my latest consumer review for spas, massage clinic and wellness centers mainly because most of those businesses that I have gone to are not fit to be mentioned. Hehehe...let alone blogged about. When I blog, I would rather blog about exceptional, unique products and services. People that are linchpins not the ordinary ones. This I found with the BizWiz's B.E.S.T. (Beyond Entrepreneurship Skills Training) workshop. I think yung letter S dapat they have to change to Simulation hehehe.... Sometimes, it's also time constraints as I wanted to write about other services pero my time won't allow it. Oh well....
I will try my best not to write too much in detail here as it will defeat the purpose of the B.E.S.T. workshop (and I have to be careful not to divulge too much as we signed a NDA- non disclusore agreement...hehehe..fortunately Jason Estimado told me I am exempted from the rule). Okay first things first, there are five basic things I learned from the two-days workshop:
1. I found out that this is not a seminar but a workshop. People keep referring this as a seminar...I beg to disagree. A seminar is best for visual and auditory learners because technically, a seminar is (almost always) just a one way uni-directional type of communication. One speaks and the rest listens. Do not expect to just sit down, relax and sleep while the speaker or lecturer or facilitator gets in front. Be prepared to take part of the activities and finish them.
2. I found out that I am a kinestetic learner. I learn and retain things better when I DO things with my hands and get involved in activities with others and if you are that type of learner, this workshop is a very good fit for you. You have to figure things out on your own. How do you know if you know something? Kasi ginagawa mo na ang natutunan mo in your daily activities but kung hindi mo naman ina-apply sa buhay mo then, you have not learned at all.
3. I am very much aware of corporate social responsibility(CRS)- eto common..nothing new, but in this workshop we have to go beyond CSR. Businesses should earn profit while working towards addressing basic human needs which includes a range of issues such as health, wealth generation, equality, environmental managament and building trust-based relationships. This I have found sa B.E.S.T. workshop ng BizWhiz. Sana tayo rin na mga consumers of services maging mindful or concerned tayo sa role natin in creating a better and sustainable world. Hindi puwede yung bili tayo ng bili, attend ng attend ng seminars or events na wala namang impact sa buhay natin. I admit I am a seminar junkie- talagang mahilig ako sa seminars, workshops to the point of attending them outside the country pero the B.E.S.T. is one of those very few na I think would be a very good example of how to turn things around and I would be proud of promoting. Because the workshop is not really technical, it's streetwise---- and fun!
4. I have met a lot of informal leaders. The formal leaders are those with MBA's, two or three degrees and titles attached to their names but here at B.E.S.T. Biz Whiz workshop I have seen and met informal leaders. Informal leaders develop and they do not have any explicit qualification. They are seldom seen as high potential candidates for top leadership positions. I feel that the spa, massage therapy and wellness business should learn from them as we have to seek the creme dela creme of the industry without focusing too much on degrees and educational attainment, grammar and formalities.
5. B.E.S.T by BizWiz resources is one of the linchpins in the information, seminars and workshop industry. Thanks to the brilliant Seth Godin for the word. Linchpins or lynchpins are systems, concepts or people who do things that either hold the enterprise together or move it forward (or both). Linchpins do timely work that delights the recipient without expecting anything in return- the spirit of genuine giving. Satisfactory work, Godin argues, does not elicit the same response. Linchpins refuse to succumb to norms and be like all the other businesses or workers. They are creative, inspiring, proactive driving forces- I hope that BizWhiz will continue to become bigger and better too.
For me, linchpins are uniquely carving their niche in a seemingly very competitive business or professional environement. Kaya up to now hindi ko maintindihan bakit ang dami pa ring gustong mag put-up or mag start ng kanilang spa, massage clinic and wellness center without thinking what will differentiate them from the rest of the pack- aside from the price. Seasoned spa, massage clinics and wellness center owners know that you will not survive in the industry if you are not uniquely you. In the midst of chaos and uncertainty, linchpins become mapmakers and chart new directions.
You and I are born equal pero different. Do you want to be really rich and happy? Do you want to stand out from the rest of those massage therapists, spa therapists or business owners out there? Then be yourself. Be what you really are. Be very good at what you do. This is the first step toward becoming beter than what you are today. Chose to become yourself. Huwag kang gumaya lang ng gumaya.
We cannot reach our true destiny kung lagi ka na lang habol ng habol at gaya ng gaya sa iba. You can't reach your destiny taking another man's road. If you will not walk in someone else's track you will not make new discoveries. You have to follow the leading of your heart and go instead where noonw has gone before you and leave a trail there.
Avoid following the crowd. Minsan, I will meet spa owners who are about to start their business in this industry who have their own originality. Hindi sila common na spa. Did you know that you are detined to be different? That is why we all have different fingerprints. God did not make any of us alike. Dare to be different in your field and follow your own star. How?
Sabi ng Romans 12: 6-8 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.
So how will you develop your gifts. skills and talents inherent in you? Develop your interests and potential. The more you develop your talents and skills- the less you will be like someone else. Trying to copy the business of another is self-defeating. One of your main purpose in your life is to know thyself and give birth to yourself. Alamin mo kung saan ka magaling at saan ka mahilig na kahit nahihirapan ka eh- masaya ka then find a way to earn from what you love doing. Kung mahilig kang mag sulat at matagal mo ng pinapangarap na magsulat ng iyong libro then write what you love about. Buy books, CD's about book writing and publishing then interview people who have gone before you.
You canot be so-so, common, average, ordinary in order to stand out in this world, you have to be an original, atypical, exceptional, extraordinary, unusual to be remembered. Common people, common places and common things get forgotten easily. You must be uncommon and be the best version of yourself, your profession and your business to be a champion and a superstar. Be a superstar in your chosen niche.
Do not let your life be a constant struggle between what you are not and what you should not. You are what God made you and a miracle. Be the best version of yourself.
Be YOU-nique and make a difference.